Employee Experience and Development Specialist
What this job is really like:
Telelink’s commitment to legendary customer service can’t happen without employee excellence. You are an organized, intuitive and growth-focused adult educator who will bring our organization’s coaching and development to the next level. You will leverage tools, technology and innovative formats to scale learning and support Telelinkers at all stages of their careers — from onboarding, to skill progression/leveling up, to leadership development, and more.
You are a self-starter who can identify areas for growth and improvement and use multiple tools to accomplish your goals. You will have access to an existing learning management system, for which you’ll be responsible to evolve and update. You also have the wherewithal to implement other tools. You are comfortable in one-on-one and in classroom settings, working with and engaging remote employees, and having challenging conversations. You will also research industry-leading and world-class educational approaches and coordinate their delivery to relevant teams.
A big component of this role involves ensuring our large pool of customer service representatives is confident, competent and consistent. You will drive call centre best practices such as call control and process adherence. You will learn our current accounts inside and out, finding ways to ensure our development for each is superior. You will also ensure customer service representative knowledge of new accounts we launch is complete and thorough. You will find gaps in our development modules and develop curriculum around them.
You will be part of a cross functional operations team that is responsible for delivering our legendary service. You are comfortable working with the leadership teams to troubleshoot issues, determine root causes and test and implement solutions to improve customer service delivery.
Telelink is known for our amazing customer service and corporate culture. Our next step is to earn a reputation for outstanding training and employee experience. You will be part of building that reputation.
- Works with our Talent Manager as well as the leadership and executive teams and other relevant groups to understand the needs of different roles within our company
- Drives the strategic planning process for expertise development
- Prepares new team members by conducting training during orientation; developing individual coaching plans; providing resources and assistance; and ongoing development
- Determines training, coaching and development needs of the organization by observing service encounters; studying the technical, service, and customer experience; reviewing results and reports; and using data-based insights to support their growth
- Develops and maintains training policies, procedures and automated records
- Executes coaching, trains other team members to coach, conducts professional development seminars and sources online curriculum
- Improves development effectiveness by developing new approaches and training techniques; making support readily available and integrated with routine job functions
- Supports financial objectives by maintaining a budget for the training and development department
- Updates professional subject matter expertise and knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Engages in all service-related tasks, including but not limited to process improvement, group and individual call observation, quality call calibration and mentoring activities
- Maintains an understanding of competition within industry, customer service representative-facing technical tools, and technical support tools
- Coordinates mentorship programs for new customer service representatives
- Performs other duties as required
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Experience in both design and delivery of curriculum based adult learning
- Knowledge of learning evaluation techniques and practices
- Education and/or equivalent experience in adult learning techniques and approaches
- Microsoft products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Call centre experience would be an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Facilitation skills
- Presentation skills
- Planning and organization
- Using judgment/data-based decision making
- Strong ability to prioritize responsibilities and tasks
- Time management
- People management skills, with the ability to coach/mentor trainers on best practices/approaches
- Empathetic, inspiring, enthusiastic
- KPI (key performance indicator) driven
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org